Baby Hijiki in Seabeji, which is neither Bud Hijiki nor a long Hijiki

From the person who picked up the Sea Begitable Hijiki series
"This is" Bud Hijiki ", right?"
I often ask the question, but in fact, I use Hijiki, which is a little different from normal.

I think that you often see the product in supermarkets, such as "Bud Hijiki" and "Long Hijiki". But do you know which part of the hijiki hits?

What is generally sold is harvested with a large amount of growing, and has a total length of about 1.5-2m. If you grow well, it is thick and hard overall, it is strong, and you can not eat it raw, so if the boiling process is long, it will be more than 10 hours.

The bud -like leaves that come out of the stem are "Bud Hijiki", and the stems after taking them are "Long Hijiki", and they are sold after boiling or steaming. 。


On the other hand, the siebegitableYuzu HijikiCherry blossom hijikiThen, I use the harvested hijiki shortly after the time. It's like picking the young sprouts, and we call it "Baby Hijiki".
The difference between the general hijiki and the seaweed hijiki
Unlike the hijiki that grew up, other seaweed and creatures have little adhesion, the texture is soft, there is almost no bun, and it can be eaten while enjoying the crunchy texture just by boiling quickly. The flavor of yuzu skin and salted cherry blossoms was added, and the product was made in the salted state.


Did you know that 90 % of the Hijiki distributed in Japan is from China and South Korea, and the remaining 10 % is domestic? Among the 10 % of them, baby hijiki, which is hardly distributed, is very valuable.

And the processing method of adding a scent of seaweed salt breweries is probably not anyone in the long history of seaweed food culture. Ishizaka's idea and supervision of our cooking development.


Such baby hijiki has a major difference from the general hijiki in nutrition. Because the boiling time is as short as 10 seconds or less, it keeps many nutrients without being washed away. Compared to general hijiki, it has a characteristic of 1.5 times the protein and more water -soluble among dietary fiber. In addition, vitamin B2, vitamin K1, niacin, minerals, etc. You can take the whole nutrients contained in seaweed.

* There are surveys that the arsenic content of the hijiki is reduced by boiling for a long time. increase. In addition, the Food Safety Commission has not had any health damage in the arsenic contained in foods, and there is no problem.

If you read this article and want to eat a seaweed baby hijikiHere

Shop Now

Click here for the products introduced in the article